Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 11 of Slice of Life Challenge: Impromptus

One of the hardest things about living in the States is that everything needs to be "scheduled" ahead of time. I come from a culture that lives day by day and that includes making plans. The only big things you schedule in life in our culture are weddings and birthday parties. The rest? We go with the flow. 

So today I'm celebrating the impromptus moments...you know...those few moments in life in America when someone calls and says, "Do you want to grab a bite and catch up?" and the even the most surprising part is the "yes!" that comes out of my mouth. 

That's what I did today...everything was impromptus....

I didn't quite plan this but after school I went to Starbucks, ordered coffee and sat on their patio. I read a chapter from two different books. 

Then later on, I got a called from a friend who said, "wanna catch up?" and my answer was, "yes! what time and where?" 

It's been a while since the last time I was able to do this impromptus kind of celebration and it feels so good. It's a 50% chance you take....but it's worth it....because in reality...nobody guarantees tomorrow. All you have is TODAY. 

Carpe Diem=Seize the Day


No comments: